Let us discuss most commonly used two reports from SAP Standard Reports for Accounts Payable now.
To read more about SAP Standard Reports please follow:
Accounting–>Financial Accounting–>Accounts Payable–>Information System–>Reports for Accounts Payable Accounting–>Vendors: Items
Report for Open Items, Cleared Items, All items
- S_ALR_87012103 – List of Vendor Line Items
- S_ALR_87012083 – List of Vendor Open Items for Printing
- S_ALR_87012104 – List of Cleared Vendor Items for Printing
From any of the above 3 reports, we can get
- Open Items
- Cleared Items
- All Items
Required parameters are
- Vendor code
- Company code
Additional parameters required:
- For Open Items, Open at Key Date
- For Cleared Items, additionally, we can choose Document Date range from Dynamic Selection
- For All Items, we can choose posting date range. However, choosing Document Date range from Dynamic Selection would be more relevant on most occasions
Due Date Forecast for Vendor
S_ALR_87012084 – Open Items – Vendor Due Date Forecast
Useful report when we need to plan our cash flow.
This is to analyze NOT DUE items.
In how many days the NOT DUE items will FALL DUE.
- Vendor number
- Company Code
- Open Item key date
Also, you need to provide
- Due In Days 1
- Due In Days 2
This report gives us following values:
- Open Items Total
- Due in next 8 days
- Due in next 30 days
- Due over 30 Days
8 days & 30 days chosen here is our choice. It can be any number per our requirement.
What we get is how much of NOT DUE items will FALL DUE in the coming days.
We should note that what is not directly included in this report is ‘items already due for payment’, i.e., Overdue Items.
So for the given vendor on the Key Date, the mathematical relationship can be given as:
- Total of Not Due Items = Due in next 8 days + Due in next 30 days + Due in over 30 Days
- Overdue Items = Open Items Total – (Due in next 8 days + Due in next 30 days + Due in over 30 Days)
Why no values in the last column, it should be because the terms of payment for the vendor could be 30 days. In that case, there will be no values for the last column for the given vendor.
Have you found these reports useful? Please share with us what you think in the comments section.
Thanks for your time!